Located in western Nevada, close to the California state line, Reno has a wide variety of attractions. Life Care Center of Reno is south of the city with easy access to Interstate 580. For a day trip, we suggest:
- The Reno-Sparks Convention and Visitors Authority gives links to events, attractions, restaurants, hotels, casinos, nightlife and shops in the area.
- The National Automobile Museum (The Harrah Collection) features more than 200 vintage, classic or special interest automobiles.
- The Great Reno Balloon Race, happening every September, is the largest free hot air ballooning event in the world.
- The Sierra Safari Zoo includes more than 40 species of animals, including sloths, lemurs, zebras and leopards.
- The Washoe Lake State Park provides a variety of land- and water-based activities for the entire family.